Retail Store Support
We are hiring a Retail Store Support role to join our collaborative Store Team. This is a phenomenal entry level opportunity for those individuals that don’t have prior sales experience. It will provide you with on the job experience and training on the sales process and other sales training opportunities. At Lamps Plus, we see this role as a great growth opportunity offered as a short time assignment before transitioning into other more senior opportunities that require more hands on sales experience. Individuals hired into this role will be encouraged to transition into a fully commissioned sales role after a reasonable training period. Are you passionate about helping others? By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills, and contribute to our brand.
Areas of Responsibility
* Receives incoming merchandise delivery and assists with loading and unloading.
* Counts delivery items to verify receipt of merchandise.
* Advises Store Manager or Support Supervisor of discrepancies or damaged items.
* Arranges merchandise on shelves according to style, size and type.
* May be required to assist with tracking of inventory, tagging, or labeling of shelving.
* Uses care in unpacking, storing, transferring, receiving, hanging or displaying items, to avoid damage and injury.
* May perform clerical duties such as filing, bank deposits, data entry, reports, audits, etc.
* Prepares product for display; includes assembling, inserting bulbs, wiring and pricing of merchandise for the sales floor.
* Performs other auxiliary duties relative to maintenance of stockroom, sales floor, and displays, (I.e., cleans, dusts merchandise, keeps show room aisles clear and lamp cords hidden, etc.) May perform audits to ensure the showroom is accurately merchandised.
* May utilize the register or Kiosk to ring out sales or check on product availability. Handles all merchandise and currency in accordance with Corporate Security policies and views training modules when assigned.
* Demonstrates outstanding customer service and focus. May assist with Customer Stock Checks.
* Assist other team members by pulling product and performing merchandise carry-outs for customer
Education / Experience Requirements
* Motivated, upbeat individual who enjoys working with people and providing superior customer service.
* Position requires a valid driver's license and an automobile to drive to homes to conduct in home demonstrations/consultations.
* Have an ability multi-task.
* Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 25 lbs.
* Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
* Regular job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor.
How to Apply
See store for details.